- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features.
- Editor – Somebody who can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts.
- Subscriber – Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.
You are here: Home > How To: Create, Join, and Maintain Groups
Creating Your Group Select ‘My Groups’ from the top of the main page. From the ‘Groups’ page select ‘Create New Group.’ This will direct you to a 5 step process for creating your group. Step 1: Create a group name, group description, and write (optional) some news about your new group. When you’re all set click “Create Group and Continue.” Step 2: First check whether you would like to enable the discussion forums for the group. You will then select whether your group will be public, private, or hidden. A brief description of each of these features is included to help you decide which is appropriate to your needs. Step 3: Here you will determine whether or not to have a group blog or marry your own blog to the group. You will also be asked to set member roles. This determines the status of your group members and their ability to post and comment on the group blog. A bit about the WPMU member roles:
- How To: Embed a Presentation into your WordPress Blog
- How To: Manage Images with the Atahualpa Theme
- How To: Adjust the Privacy Settings of Your Blog Post
- How To: Create a Group Blog
- How To: Turn Your WordPress Blog into a Website
- How To: Adjust Your Blog’s Privacy Settings
- How To: Shorten a URL
- How To: Add a New User to Your Blog
- How To: Add Wiki Content to Blog Posts
- How To: Update Your Display Name and Email
- How To: Create, Join, and Maintain Groups
- How To: Upload Files to Your Group
- How To: Set Up Blog Subscriptions
- How Groups Can use the Commons
- How To: Add Documents to a Post or Page
- Resources from CV/Blog Workshop : CUNY GC Earth and Environmental Sciences on 10 Things To Do
- A few links for my colleagues :: Professor Sellie's Library Resources Page on FAQ
- With a little help from my friends… | Ground Control on 10 Things To Do
- With a little help from my friends… | Ground Control on Take the Tour
- With a little help from my friends… | Ground Control on FAQ
- Making the Commons More User Friendly | Ground Control on Email Us
- Matthew K. Gold on How Groups Can use the Commons