To make a particular post private, follow these steps when you are editing your post:
- Navigate to the Publish module on the right side of the page. (The Publish module is used to set who can read your posts.)
- Under the Visibility area you can choose to make your post either:
- “Password protected” (in which case you will enter a password that you will then share with whomever you wish to view your post) or
- “Private” (which means that only blog Editors and Administrators will be able to view your post).
- Select “OK” then “Publish”/”Update”. These changes will go into effect immediately, but can be updated anytime if you choose to change the visibility of your post.
Alternatively, you may choose to make your entire blog private. To learn how to adjust your blog’s privacy settings, click here.
So whether you want to make one or two posts as private or make your entire blog invite only, it’s completely up to you and how you want to use your blog.