Group members on the Commons are able to create new forum topics by navigating to their group’s “Forum” page and posting their topic.
However, group members can also create forum topics from their email client.
Follow the steps below to find out how:
- Navigate to one of your groups. You can do this by navigating to your profile page and clicking on the Groups tab. Once you’re on your Groups page, select a group and click on the Forum tab.
- After you have clicked on the “Forum” tab, click on Post New Topic as usual.
- This should take you to the post form, where you should also see the Post New Topics via Email block. Click on the link that says Find out how!
- This will display a block with the following:
- A special email address will be displayed, which you can use to post a new topic to the group. Add this email address to your contacts for future use.
- The email subject line will become the topic title.
- Note: make sure you compose the email from the same email address you registered with, otherwise the topic will not be posted!