The Commons provides a great way to use Twitter to track what’s going on at CUNY. To find tweets from the @cunycommons/cunycommons list go to our Twitter News page or find it easily by clicking on “News” Tab on the Commons Home page and then the “Twitter” drop down option (circled in red on the picture to your right). This page shows:
- Tweets from Commons Members – The Commons maintains a list of its members’ Twitter accounts. Tweets from these accounts are aggregated here. To get your account on this list, send us an email at email@example.com.
- Tweets from around CUNY – whenever anyone uses hash tags like #CUNY, #CUNYCOMMONS, #CUNYEVENTS, these tweets will be aggregated here.
- @cunycommons tweets – these tweets come from the Commons own account – @cunycommons. They generally advertise new content posted on the Commons.
- #cuny – Tweets that include hash tags #cuny are aggregated here.
- #cunyevents – Tweets that include hash tag #cunyevents are aggregated here.
On the right hand side of the page (pictured below), you’ll see:
- options to sort by the categories above
- a quick refresher about how Twitter works
- other Twitter resources
- a download link which takes you to the source code found on GitHub.
Our Tweets are refreshed every five or ten minutes. Refresh your browser to find the latest news. The software which makes all this possible was developed by the CUNY Academic Commons. We hope you enjoy it!