Members use the Commons in many different ways. Listed below are some of them:
- Teaching Classes – professors from all CUNY campuses can use the Commons to teach classes. We offer a site teaching template to make it easy to get a class up and running. Professors can also use groups for teaching, or link a group to a group site to create a full-featured class environment.
- Conferences/Events – connect your conference to a Commons site or group
- Publications – the Commons hosts a number of open access journals
- Personal Sites or “Blogs” – post your thoughts, research, articles, poems, images on a Commons site
- Initiatives/Centers – websites can be configured to include news posts
- Research – use sites to publish research findings. Use groups to discuss and collaborate.
- Academic Portfolios – we provide an academic portfolio template to jump-start your site
- Student e-portfolios – have your students create sites to track their learning
- Committees/Departments – centralize documents, discuss topics, collaborate on projects using Commons groups.