New to the Commons? Here Are 10 Things To Do to Get You Started!
Hello and welcome! Now that you have joined the CUNY Academic Commons, here are 10 things you can do to familiarize yourself with the site and make the most of your experience with the community:
- Take The Tour – From the front page you can ‘Take a Tour‘ and let us walk you through the Commons. Learn about the variety of features we provide to help you connect with colleagues, share your ideas and collaborate.
- Find Colleagues – Use the ‘People‘ tab to find colleagues on the Commons and who share your interests. Search by names or other keywords. Help us grow by inviting your colleagues who are not currently a part of the Commons Community.
- Join and Create Groups – The Commons community has created hundreds of groups reflecting the diverse interests of our members. Explore the groups, get involved and start a group of your own.
- Start a Blog – Blogging allows you to share your voice with the CUNY community. Setting up your own blog is easy. Contribute to our robust blogging community and share your interests and passions.
- Contribute to the Wiki – The Wiki is a great resource for information and a user-driven tool for sharing knowledge. Help build our Wiki by editing existing topics and creating your own.
- Keep Up With the Latest News – The ‘News‘ tab on the front page lets you keep up with the latest updates across the site.
- Learn About Your Privacy and Notification Options – The Commons values your privacy and provides several ways to let you control what is available via the Commons and on the web. Your privacy options are found in ‘Settings’ in your profile tab. From ‘Settings’ you can also change the email address associated with your account.
- Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter – Find us on Facebook and Twitter and stay up to date on new blogs, group projects and the latest news from CUNY and the Commons.
- Explore our Help Options – Our ‘Help‘ tab provides helpful solutions to frequent questions. Be sure to check out the CUNY Commons Codex as well. The Codex is our comprehensive resource for FAQs, how-to articles and links to help you get the most out of the Commons.
- Give Us Feedback – To the right of the front page you will notice a ‘Feedback’ tab. Click it to share your experience and suggest how we can improve the site. The Commons team is dedicated to building a site that is directed by our members. Your voice contributes to our development priorities.