You have two options for embedding an Events Calendar on your site. You can embed a persistent calendar (Method 1) that is always available to your site visitor’s regardless of the post or you can include a calendar on a specific post (Method 2)–more of a one time only approach–that is particularly relevant to the calendar. Step-by-step procedures for implementing both methods are described below.
- Open the dashboard for your site.
- Activate the “Group Events Shortcode and Widget” plugin.
- Once the plugin is activated, you can navigate to any post in edit mode.
- Click on the “Add Media” button.
- Next, select “Insert Post Element > Group Events”.
- Select the Group Calendar you wish to embed.
- Make whatever customizations you want to make and click the Insert Element button.
- If you are using the editor’s “Visual” mode, the group events should automatically render because of shortcode.