A site can be configured to have one or many contributors, and WordPress allows granularity in the permissions users are assigned. Listed below are roles and their permissions:
- Administrator – has access to all the administrative duties
- Editor – can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts
- Author – can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – can write and manage their posts but not publish post
- Subscriber – can read comments, and receive comment and news letters
To add a user to an existing site, follow these steps:
1. Log into the Dashboard of your site.
2. Navigate to the Users tab located in the left navigation bar of your Dashboard and select ‘Add New’. This will open up the Commons Invitations Modal. For the remaining steps, see Invite Others to Join a Group or Site.